Sunday, February 2, 2014

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

I recently finished reading Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  Every once in a while it's fun to read a goofy book like that.  While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Bossypants, it was enjoyable and I liked reading about someone else's life.

I guess I don't really have any commentary on this one.  I just wanted to document that I had read it and that it was good.  There were a lot of funny quotes that I highlighted and will remain in my kindle forever.  (Creepily, as I was typing that, I heard Harry Potter quoting in my head "her body will lie in the chamber forever".....weird)


I'm still working on The Amber Spyglass.  So far I'm about 75-80% done with that book.  Really the only one of those books I've enjoyed so far was The Golden Compass.  The 2nd one was kind of boring, and the 3rd one is dragging on and on and on, seemingly without purpose.  Any symbolism or foreshadowing from book 1 has been lost or forced in.  Honestly, I'm just kind of waiting for it to be over.  The good news is that I have less than 2 hours left, according to my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment